This is a super simple and quick biscuit recipe to use up some of that sourdough starter discard! It also makes quite a delicious side to almost any meal!
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder
6 tablespoons butter, chilled and cubed
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 cup sourdough starter discard, chilled (Don't have a sourdough starter? Get yours here)
*optional- 3/4-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450°F
2. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cheese if using.
3. Cut in the cubed butter with your fingers or by using a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. It should have pea-sized lumps.
4. Stir in starter discard until most of the flour is incorporated. Knead mixture until it comes together.
5. Place dough on floured surface and roll out to 3/4-inch thickness and cut 2 1/2-3-inch rounds.
6. Place rounds on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
7. Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter right when they come out of the oven.